You can not select more than 25 topics
Topics must start with a letter or number, can include dashes ('-') and can be up to 35 characters long.
Solutions to https://exercism.io tasks.
Notes on Go track
- acronym - has some regexp that might be handy sometime.
- bank-account - super important, using synchronization primitives like mutexes.
- clock - interesting that test cases used
reflect.DeepEqual, task around time.
- crypto-square - took way too long.
- flatten-array - super important, using raw interfaces.
- grains - working with bits.
- hamming - careful with UTF strings! When you do
for i := range someString you are doing right and getting separate code points, but don't do
someString[i] because it will get you the byte, not the rune. You can convert before like
- matrix - very interesting, matrix parsing.
- parallel-letter-frequency - concurrency related, important. NOT WORKING, tests failing due to goroutines finishing randomly!
- reverse-string - although initially simple task, beware of using
range on strings, because they might be UTF encoded.
len returns the number of bytes, while
range iterates over the code points.
- robot-name - tests are using the
-tags flag, which makes more tests to run. Don't forget to initialize channels with
make instead of just defining e.g.
var ch chan int. Be careful.
- run-length-encoding - it was easy by design but took some time, all those nitty-gritty things.
- sublist - easy, but I think I cheated.
- strain - interesting, using functions as arguments.
- tournament - custom sorting and output formatting. Check out the scanner for reading lines!
- tree-building - interesting exercise, building any tree.
- twelve-days - recursion, was fun.